Last modified: September 14, 2019
FIMC Partners, LP, our subsidiaries and/or our affiliate companies, (for a full list of websites please visit www.fimc.com/about-us) (“FIMC” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information that we collect:
- on our Websites and Applications;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us on or through our Websites and/or Application; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by FIMC or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; or
- any third party (including your insurance provider and our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites and Application.
2. Children Under the Age of 18 or the Legal Age to Form a Binding Contract in Your Jurisdiction
|Our Websites and Application are not intended for children under the age of 18 or under the legal age to form a contract in your jurisdiction, whichever is higher. Such children are not permitted to use our Websites or Application. We will remove any information about such a child if we become aware of it.
Our Websites and Application are not intended for children under 18 years of age or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction, whichever is higher. No one under this age may provide any personal information to or on the Websites or Application. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age. If you are under this age, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Application or on or through any of their features, become a member on the Websites or Application, make any purchases through the Websites or Application, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under this age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under this age, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
|We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you individually but does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites and Application (“Personal Information”):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as but not limited to, name, postal addresses, billing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, a representation of your credit card or debit card number (solely for billing and payment purposes, see below), date of birth, and user-provided photograph;
- that is about you individually but does not directly personally identify you, such as website traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites and Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites and Application; and/or
- about your internet connection you use to access our Websites and Application and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites and Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, local stored objects (Flash Cookies), and other tracking technologies; and
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites and Application are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites or Application. This includes information provided at the time of becoming a member or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with one of our Websites or Application;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including your email address), if you contact us;
- records and copies of your claims or other requests to use your benefits, including, for example, when you request roadside assistance or locksmith services and for other reimbursements;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or Application and of the fulfillment of your insurance policy or renewals. You may be required to provide financial information before becoming a member or renewing your membership through our Websites or Application; and
- your search queries on the Websites or Application.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites or Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Websites and Application as described above; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, i.e. your IP address
The information we collect automatically includes Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our number of users of our Websites and Application and their usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites and Application according to your individual interests;
- maintain whether you are logged in or logged out from our Websites and Application;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites and Application.
The automatic data collection technologies that we use include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites and Application may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; and
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Websites and Application and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit FIMC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google AdWords Remarketing. We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise our services across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our Site. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our Websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our Websites or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a website in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on one of our Websites, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How We Use Your Information
|We use your Personal Information for various purposes described below, including to:
· provide our Websites and Application to you;
· provide you with information you request from us;
· enforce our rights arising from contracts;
· notify you about changes; and
· provide you with notices about your account
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present our Websites and Application and their contents to you;
- to verify your eligibility for membership and to process your claims;
- to provide you with information, benefit products, or benefit services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notices about your membership, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites and Application or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or as otherwise set forth in applicable privacy laws;
- to calculate the premiums for your benefits;
- for our Applications to send you push notifications. Your Personal Information may be used by our Applications to provide you with push notifications, but such Personal Information is not transmitted to us for these purposes.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price for membership or ask a question about our benefits, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to become a member or purchase a membership, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate making your benefits available to you and to facilitate your use of your benefits;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites and Applications, membership plans and benefit providers, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, Applications, and membership plans; and
- or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to consent to this use, please check or uncheck the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
· our subsidiaries and our affiliates;
· our third-party service providers that we use to support our business (including those to provide you with your benefits);
· to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
· to comply with our legal obligations; and
· to enforce our rights.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- the organization from which you obtain your benefits policy;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide you with your benefits. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, payment processing services, roadside assistance, travel assistance, healthcare, legal services, and other benefits of your membership.
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FIMC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by FIMC about our Websites and Application’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- to internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics and behavioral advertising services;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you present a membership card to a provider in our benefits network, we may share information with that provider regarding the scope of your membership benefits; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FIMC, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
|We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Information for third-parties to advertise to you, our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.|
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Information:
- Promotional Offers from FIMC. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by FIMC to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of promotional emails or you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or select an option to be omitted in the promotional email.
- Targeted Advertising. We will use information that we collect or you provide to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences unless you opt out of such use. If you wish to opt out of such use, you can check or uncheck the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Information. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by logging into the Websites and Application and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google AdWords Remarketing. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
- Push Notifications. If you do not wish us to send you push notifications, push notifications can be configured in the settings for your mobile device. Please refer to the user guide for your mobile device for more information on how to configure these notifications.
You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
7. Accessing and Updating Your Information
|You may review and update your Personal Information by logging into the Websites or Application and visiting your “Member” page. We may notify you of any changes or errors in any Personal Information. We are not able to accommodate any requests if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.|
Access and Update. You can review and update some of your Personal Information by logging into the Websites or Application and visiting your “Member” page. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect and some Personal Information may not be changed.
8. State-Specific Privacy Rights
|The law in certain states may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information|
The law in some states may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of Personal Information. To learn more about any additional rights that may be applicable to you as a resident of one of these states, please see the privacy addendum for your state that is attached to this Privacy Notice.
Your California Privacy Rights
After January 1, 2010, you have the additional rights described in the California Privacy Addendum.
9. Consent to Storage and Processing of Personal Information outside of Other Countries
|We may transfer and process your Personal Information outside of other countries, including the United States. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information|
10. Do Not Track Signals
|We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites and Application. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.|
Our Websites or Application may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers or operating systems permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
11. Data Security
|Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Information. You can help protect your Personal Information and other information by keeping your password to our Websites and Application confidential.|
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites and Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone outside of your family.
Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites and Application. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites and Application.
13. Contact Information
|You may contact our Data Protection Officer through the contact information below. If you wish to contact us, you must contact us through the contact information below or through the “Contact Us” page on our Websites or Application.|
To Contact FIMC
FIMC Partners, LP
1440 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34236